A new structure of bus fares has been introduced across West Yorkshire which reduces the cost of single journeys and day tickets. I have set these out below:
- A £2 maximum fare on single journeys;
- A £1 reduction on the cost of the multi-operator, multi-journey MCard DaySaver ticket to £4.50
- Anyone boarding any West Yorkshire bus will now pay no more than £2 per single journey, saving people as much as £1.50 on some journeys. They will significantly cut the cost of travel for people making journeys over 3 miles
- At the same time, the multi-operator WY DaySaver tickets available through the MCard app and smartcard will be reduced from £5.50 to £4.50 – an almost 20% saving on the current price, up to £500 over a year.
How to buy?
- Passengers can buy Single and DaySaver tickets on the bus with cash or contactless and through the MCard Mobile app on both apple and android smartphones.
- MCard smartcards can also be topped up with daily, weekly and monthly MCard tickets on the android MCard app and at Bus Station Travel Centres, ticket machines and Payzone stores.
Which bus services and routes does this apply to?
The maximum single fare of £2 and maximum daily fare of £4.50 will apply across West Yorkshire, on all service operators, on journeys within West Yorkshire. These are not applicable to Park & Ride services, football and other events specials, or the parts of journeys that are outside West Yorkshire.