Details of how to apply for a free road closure for a street party for the Kings Coronation can be found at https://www.leeds.gov.uk/licensing/other-licences/apply-to-close-your-street
King’s Coronation Weekend street closures – deadline
The deadline to apply to close your street over the bank holiday weekend (6 to 8 May 2023) to celebrate the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III is Friday 31 March 2023. You should not close your street without permission and a legal order from us.
How it works
Closing your street is straightforward, free, and anyone over 18 can apply.
You can ask to close all or part of a street to traffic:
- for a morning, afternoon, or the whole day (during daylight hours)
- as a one off or for more than one date, either on a regular or irregular basis
- for more than one street at a time
Ideas for street closures
- Contact us for a planning toolkit
Contact us to request a planning toolkit. This has everything you need to plan your event and apply for the road closure. The toolkit contains:
- a template letter to neighbours
- a template risk assessment
- a temporary road closure application form
- the terms and conditions for running your event